Photo by Vincent Ethier/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
The Preds stormed into Montreal, turtled a bit, but ultimately grabbed a win. Juuse Saros is our hero.
Tonight’s game recap is another set of observations… leave your thoughts and Shea Love below.
- The Montreal Canadiens begin the game by honoring Henri Richard. Richard passed away late last week.
- Shea Weber sighting.
- I miss you, Shea.
- Calle Jarnkrok gets a partial breakaway, but he’s stopped by Carey Price.
- Wow, Matt Duchene draws a penalty early.
- Another big save by Price on Viktor Arvidsson.
- Why is it always Country Music Night when the Predators visit other arenas?
- Oh my, Ryan Johansen. 1-0 Nashville.
- What’s up, Calle Jarnkrok? 2-0 Nashville.
- Yo, Filip Forsberg. 3-0 on the power play.
- Forsberg has 20 on the season.
- Juuse Saros.
- Well, that’s new. The lights dimmed in the middle of play.
- Filip Forsberg tipped the puck…boom! 4-0 Nashville.
- 20 mins, 20 grins. 20 miles, 20 smiles.
- The Habs fight hard for their first goal of the game. The Preds couldn’t get the puck under control, and Arturi Lehkonen pops one in behind Saros.
- Montreal is sneaking back into this game.
- Carey Price to the bench….panicking.
- Juuse Saros is incredible tonight.
- Two points acquired.
Super Duper Stars of the Game
- Juuse Saros: The kid had a nice 2.66 game shutout streak. He kept his team functional in the third period when the rest of the Predators decided to get ready for their flight early.
- Ryan Johansen: #92 gets the party started.
- Filip Forsberg: He’s now second place on the all-time goal scorers list for Nashville.
Tweets of the Game
There’s your monthly reminder of how good a shooter Ryan Johansen really is. Picture perfect placement. #Preds
— Alex Daugherty (@AlexDaugherty1) March 11, 2020
#Preds Captain Roman Josi has set a career high in assists by recording his 48th of the season on Filip Forsberg’s goal in Montreal.
— Nashville Preds PR (@PredsPR) March 11, 2020
Ryan Ellis is just absolutely PHENOMENAL
he is a damn STEAL at $6 million a year
— Bryan Bastin (@projpatsummitt) March 11, 2020